5 tips to combat flu season
We finally arrived in the time where it feels like that everyone is coughing, sneezing and constantly cold – Welcome to winter. In order to survive all the festive days ahead it is therefore important to prep your body for the intense days / and nights ahead to make sure you enter the new year thriving.
- HYDRATION – we cannot stress this enough but especially with the temperatures dropping and the heating increasing it is super important to opt your water intake. The easiest is with our naeo water bottles that help you to drink more. Simply fill them up when you start your work, challenge yourself to finish the first litre by lunch, refill and finish by the time you end the day and with ease you have taken in your 2 a day😊
- EXERCISE – Especially during a time when you like to snuggle up in your warm blanket in front of a fireplace and eat cookies and drink hot chocolate on repeat, it is essential to kick your inner ass and force yourself to go out and exercise. The oxygen increase will help to boost your immune system and build up more leukocytes
EAT YOUR VITS – Apart from our soon to come supplements that will make it even easier to opt your vitamin intakes you can easily increase your intake in the meantime with simple food hacks.
- Citrus fruits, like oranges, grapefruits and clementines or red bell peppers (triple the amount of vit C than oranges) for that vitamin C kick
- Brokkoli and Almonds for that ACE mix and fibre intake
- Turmeric & Ginger for their anti-inflammatory characteristics that help with sore throughts and nausea
- Beet roots, brussel sprouts for their fibre contents that help to promote good bacteria that help with digestive issues.
- Cucumber, for additional water intake
By eating seasonal you are not just doing something good for your health but also for the environment to lower the environmental footprint.
- DESINFECT – With the weather getting colder germs spread a lot easier and so it is important to regularly wash your hands (20sec not too long) and disinfect your phone from time to time so that no germs can last in your closest surroundings
- GO OUT TO BREATHE FRESH AIR – Breathing in fresh oxygen is highly important to refresh your body and improve the oxygen flow in your body. Especially in congested cities like London it is important to take time off and go out, e.g. to Richmond Park or Kew Gardens and soak in some fresh oxygen