How to make the fe(a)stive marathon easier to digest
Dinner duties over brunch gatherings and cookie parties – the Festive season means food, alcohol, more food and for most of us STRESS. Hopping from one dinner to the next, trying to see even our 3rd degree nephew and cousin and meanwhile explaining the hilarious summer story for the 5th time in the row. We’ve all been there, done that. Every. Single. Year.
All of that hopping and eating and talking and traveling means our bodies are exposed to a lot of stress – not just mentally but also physically. NYE often marks the tip of the iceberg of that festive journey. Hence knowing how to take care of yourself so that you are well-prepared for the year ahead is essential to overcome the festive marathon.
- Hydrate - and we mean WATER not champagne ;)
- Sleep - take this time to really rest. Don't forget the year lies on your shoulders - it is time to recharge those batteries to be ready to go again big time in 2023
- Swap alcohol for non-alcoholic options
- Go on digestive walks to breathe in some fresh and meanwhile exercise a little
- Reconsider the carb intake – does it really need to be the 6th potato or does it make you feel 10kg heavier the next day?
- Travel only as much as needed – does it really need to be the 3rd journey in 4 days?
- Substitute some green juices for the fifth heavy breakfast
- Eat some ginger to help with digestion
- Do some yoga or other exercise to help digest quicker
- Let your body rest – i.e. no alarm clocks – see this time of the year as a way to detox from the year behind